Sweet Squash with Granola Crunch
- Large Acorn or Butternut Squash
- Olive Oil
- Granola for topping (we like Pumpkin Spice)
- Parchment paper (for roasting)
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees
- Cut the squash in half lengthwise and scoop out the seeds
- Coat the insides and edges of squash with olive oil, and place both halves face down on a parchment paper lined baking pan
- Bake 45 minutes or until squash is soft and browned
- Transfer squash half to a serving dish and fill with granola
- Serve and enjoy!
Jazz it up:
- Drop a pat of butter inside the squash before topping it with granola for a creamier dish
- Drizzle with maple for a little added sweetness
- For no added sugar, use sugar-free maple or some brown sugar Swerve
This squash recipe has quickly become a regular in our fall repertoire and will make a great simple recipe for Thanksgiving. Give it a try and let us know what you think!