They created this fun, kid-friendly recipe using 5 Nut Granola. Granola as a crust, yes!
- 2 cups Pumpkin Pie with Apple 5 Nut Granola
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 4 Tbsp unsalted butter, melted
Pumpkin Ice Cream:
- 1 cup whole milk
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 cup pure pumpkin purée
- 1 tsp Pampered Chef Cinnamon Plus
- 1/2 tsp Pampered Chef Double-Strength Pure Vanilla Extract
- 2 cups heavy cream
- In a medium saucepan, bring milk, sugar, pumpkin purée, Cinnamon Plus, and Double-Strength Pure Vanilla Extract to a simmer over medium heat, stirring frequently.
- Transfer to a Classic Batter Bowl, and allow to cool slightly before stirring in heavy cream. Cover and refrigerate until well chilled.
- Preheat oven to 350° Fahrenheit. Add 5 Nut Granola and salt to a food processor, and process until the granola is a consistent crumble. Add the melted butter, and process again. (If you are using the Pampered Chef Deluxe Cooking Blender, pulse at a 2 until blended).
- Place 12 parchment cups into the wells of a muffin tin, and evenly distribute the granola into the wells, approximately 1.5-2 tsp per well, and flatten. Bake for 12 minutes, then cool completely before moving on the next step.
- Set your pre-chilled Pampered Chef Ice Cream Maker to 20 minutes, and when it starts churning slowly pour in your ice cream mixture. It is okay if your ice cream is not as thick as you normally like it.
- When it is done, top your cooled crusts with one Large Scoop of ice cream, then top each cup with a few pieces of 5 Nut Granola.
- Place your muffin tray in the freezer until the cups are set, then enjoy!
This recipe can be made with store-bought ice cream, just pull it out of the freezer and let it soften a bit before you go to assemble your cups.
Not a pumpkin fan? Get creative with your flavor combos! Use Cinnamon Vanilla 5 Nut Granola in your crust and pair with vanilla, strawberry, or your favorite flavor of ice cream!
Thank you so much for this amazing recipe, Lauren!
For more inspiration be sure to visit Lauren and Harper on Facebook, Instagram, and on their website!