If you’re anything like us, you love that slightly salty sweet combination. That’s exactly why we created a recipe for these Nutty Dark Chocolate Sea Salt Squares. The chocolate is rich and dark; our 5-nut premium blend in the 5 Nut Granola gives a great crunch, and the little bit of salt ties everything together perfectly. Give them a try!
Nutty Dark Chocolate Sea Salt Squares
- 1/2 cup raw honey
- 2 tbsps coconut oil
- 3 cups 5 Nut Granola
- 5 1/4 ozs dark chocolate (at least 70% cacao)
- 1 tsp sea salt (coarse ground)
- Line an 8x8 pan with parchment paper.
- Heat the honey, coconut oil, and a pinch of sea salt in a small saucepan over medium-low heat for about 10 minutes or until it starts to thicken. Then fold in the 5 Nut Granola. Stir until well coated, and then transfer into your paper-lined pan. Press the mixture down very firmly into the pan (use a piece of parchment paper to press them down good). Transfer the pan to the fridge for 1 hour.
- Once your squares have hardened in the fridge, lift the parchment paper from the pan and then cut the hardened nut mix into squares.
- Create a double boiler by filling a large pot with water and placing a smaller pot or heat-proof bowl inside. Bring to a boil then reduce to a simmer, being careful to ensure no water is able to get into the small pot or touches its bottom. Add the dark chocolate in the smaller pot and stir until melted.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Dip one end of each nut square into the dark chocolate. Place on the parchment paper. Repeat until all squares are dipped. Place in the fridge until the chocolate is set.
- Once the chocolate is set, sprinkle the chocolate portion of each square with some coarse ground sea salt.
- Arrange on a decorative plate and serve. Enjoy!
These refrigerate or freeze well in an air-tight container, but we don’t expect they’ll last long!