Our friend Marina has a knack for putting together some awesome combinations, not to mention taking some beautiful photos!
To help us celebrate this special time of year, she was kind enough to put together another recipe to try using our Cacao Cayenne Goji 5 Nut Granola. Take a look!
Winter Oatmeal Bowl
Serves 1 (multiply as needed)
- 1 cup milk of your choice (I like almond)
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 1/2 apple, diced (skin or off, it’s your choice)
- 1 banana, cut into bite sized rounds
- 1 tsp. stevia sugar (or whatever sweetener you prefer)
- Kosher salt to taste
- Dash or generous sprinkle of cinnamon
- 2-3 T. fresh pomegranate seeds
- A healthy scoop of Cacao Cayenne Goji 5 Nut Granola
- Place the milk in a small (or medium if you’re cooking for more than one) saucepan over high heat. (If you are using cow’s milk, do this over medium heat, stirring often to avoid burning.)
- Do not, I repeat, do not walk away from the stove when the milk is heating up. Just as the milk begins to froth, add the oats and lower the heat to medium immediately. Stir often. After about five minutes add the diced apple and continue to stir for another 3-4 minutes.
- Once the oats begin to plump, remove the pan from the heat and cover for a couple more minutes. If the oats are looking dry, simply add some more milk.
- Next, add the sugar and salt and banana to the pan and give it a gentle stir.
- Take a little taste and correct any seasoning. Pour the warm oats into a bowl and top with cinnamon, as many pomegranate seeds as you see fit, and a healthy scoop of Cacao Cayenne Goji 5 Nut Granola.
- You can obviously add any other toppings that strike your fancy (your favorite berries, nut butter, etc.)
- Enjoy cozied up under a blanket!
Marina’s creations are simple, delicious, and easy to modify. Give this holiday version a try and let us know what you think. We love hearing all the different ways you enjoy our 5 Nut Granola.