We’re excited to share another recipe you’re going to love.
This one is a warm and comforting Roasted Sweet Potato Soup. It’s delicious, simple enough that anyone can make it, and it’s perfect as we come into fall. Plus it’s topped with our Pumpkin Pie Apple 5 Nut Granola! Here’s how you make it.
Roasted Sweet Potato Soup
- 2 lbs. sweet potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1/2 cup whole cranberries (if they are frozen, thaw completely before roasting)
- 4 cloves of garlic, peeled and gently crushed (keep whole)
- drizzle of olive oil
- 2 sprigs of rosemary (separated from their stems and roughly chopped)
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- sprinkle cayenne pepper
- sprinkle of chili flakes
- juice of half a lemon
- salt and pepper to taste
- 4 cups chicken or vegetable stock (I recommend chick stock for non-vegetarians)
- Preheat the oven to 450F. Chop the peeled sweet potatoes into 1 inch cubes. (Perfection is not key here. They can be bigger. It will just take longer to roast them.)
- Place the sweet potatoes, cranberries, and garlic on a large sheet pan. Drizzle with olive oil and toss so everything is coated. Sprinkle with roughly chopped rosemary, cumin, cayenne pepper, chili flakes, fresh lemon juice, salt and pepper. Toss once more until everything is well-coated.
- Roast for 15 minutes. Take out and toss about, trying to turn as many of the potatoes as possible. Roast for an additional 15-20 minutes or until the potatoes are very tender.
- Set aside half of the roasted cranberries. They won't be whole and that's ok.
- If you have an immersion blender: Put everything from the sheet pan in a large pot. Add the stock and blend away. Heat until desired temperature for eating.
- If you have a regular blender (I use a nutribullet): In 2-4 batches (depending on the size of your blender) place the roasted veggies in the blender with enough stock to cover them. Blend until smooth and transfer to a large pot. Heat until desired temperature for eating.
- Add the remaining cranberries to the soup. They add a sweet and tart bite which contrasts well with the creaminess of the sweet potatoes. Top with Pumpkin Pie Apple 5 Nut Granola! It adds that perfect texture and the warm spices compliment the soup perfectly.
That’s all there is to it! We’re adding this into our fall soup rotation and hope you’ll also give it a try. When you do, take a quick picture and tag us @betterthanprovisions. We’d love to see and share your creation.