We love dates! Even though we watch our carbs, we still have a deep respect for whole foods. Dates are an especially nutrient-dense food, delicious, and quite versatile. We hope you enjoy this recipe!
Granola Brownie Bites
(Makes 12-16 balls)
- 1 cup pitted dates (soaked in water)
- 1 1/2 cups 5 Nut Grain-Free Granola (we used Cinnamon-Vanilla)
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- Shredded coconut for rolling
- Cover the dates in water and soak them for 30 minutes
- In a food processor, combine granola and cocoa powder. Blend until it reaches a finely ground texture.
- Strain dates and add to the food processor. Blend until it forms a ball of dough.
- Remove dough from the food processor (refrigerate for 20-30 minutes for easier handling).
- Roll into even-sized balls, and coat with shredded coconut.
- Store in the refrigerator and enjoy for up to a week or as long as they last!
Jazz it up:
- Try using Cacao-Cayenne 5 Nut Granola for a lil' kick
- Add 1-2 tablespoons of honey for extra sweetness and nutrients
- Freeze for longer storage or an ice cream like experience