12 servings (1 serving = 1 muffin)
- 3 ripe bananas with brown spots, large
- 3 eggs, large
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- 3 cups almond flour
- ½ cup Better Than Granola, Cinnamon-Vanilla - chopped or use shake from bottom of bag
- ¼ cup chocolate chips (optional - the mini ones work great!)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and spray silicone muffin tin with cooking spray or use a regular muffin tin with parchment liners.
- In a food processor (or high speed blender), add bananas, eggs, vanilla, cinnamon, baking soda, baking powder, salt and process until smooth.
- Add almond flour and process just enough to combine. Pause, scrape the sides and process briefly again to combine. With a spoon or spatula, mix in chocolate chips and granola.
- Using an ice cream scoop, divide batter between 12 openings of the muffin tin and bake for 30 minutes, or until golden brown and toothpick inserted come out clean.
- Remove from the oven, let cool for 20 minutes. Enjoy!
- Make Ahead: You can prepare the batter, minus the leavening agents, up to a day in advance. Leave it covered in the refrigerator and mix in the baking powder and soda before baking.
- Storing: Store muffins at room temperature for 2-3 days or within the refrigerator for 5-7 days.
- Freezing: Freeze in layers separated by parchment paper. They will store in the freezer for up to three months.
Don’t forget to save this post for future reference. Making a batch? Take a picture and tag us at @betterthanprovisions!