SAVE this recipe for the perfect gluten, grain, dairy free muffin to make for your house guests this holiday season. It’s simple, quick, no fuss and will please even the pickiest of eaters. For extra ease see below for make ahead and freezing instructions!
12 servings (1 serving = 1 muffin)
- 3 ripe bananas with brown spots, large
- 3 eggs, large
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- 3 cups almond flour
- ½ cup Better Than Granola, Cinnamon-Vanilla - chopped or use shake from bottom of bag
- ¼ cup chocolate chips (optional - the mini ones work great!)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and spray silicone muffin tin with cooking spray or use a regular muffin tin with parchment liners.
- In a food processor (or high speed blender), add bananas, eggs, vanilla, cinnamon, baking soda, baking powder, salt and process until smooth.
- Add almond flour and process just enough to combine. Pause, scrape the sides and process briefly again to combine. With a spoon or spatula, mix in chocolate chips and granola.
- Using an ice cream scoop, divide batter between 12 openings of the muffin tin and bake for 30 minutes, or until golden brown and toothpick inserted come out clean.
- Remove from the oven, let cool for 20 minutes. Enjoy!
- Make Ahead: You can prepare the batter, minus the leavening agents, up to a day in advance. Leave it covered in the refrigerator and mix in the baking powder and soda before baking.
- Storing: Store muffins at room temperature for 2-3 days or within the refrigerator for 5-7 days.
- Freezing: Freeze in layers separated by parchment paper. They will store in the freezer for up to three months.
Don’t forget to save this post for future reference. Making a batch? Take a picture and tag us at @betterthanprovisions!