- Your favorite salad greens
- 3-4 cups roasting veggies, chopped into bite sized pieces (beets, cauliflower, and carrots, zucchini, onions, bell peppers, cabbage, broccoli, parsnips, green beans, asparagus)
- Oil for roasting (avocado, coconut, or olive)
- Salt & pepper
- Olive oil for dressing
- 5 Nut Granola (any flavor) for topping
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees
- Group like vegetables together (see below). Drizzle with oil and season with salt and pepper. Mix. Drizzle veggies with oil, sprinkle with salt and pepper, mix together
- Roast vegetables on a sheet pan for 20-60 minutes, flipping every 15 minutes throughout roasting time, until you can pierce with a for or see toasted/browned bits. (Make sure vegetables aren't packed together or they will steam instead of roast.)
- Remove from oven and cool - repeat with other veggies
- Combine salad greens with roasted veggies, and olive oil in your favorite bowl or platter, and top generously with your favorite 5 Nut Granola.
- For best results, roast vegetables with similar cooking times in separate batches to ensure even roasting. Root vegetables and winter squashes will take longer (20-60 minutes) than vegetables like broccoli or cauliflower and soft thin vegetables like beans, onions, tomatoes, and asparagus (15-25 minutes)
Not normally a salad person? It’s all about keeping things interesting! Give this recipe a try and when you do, please post a photo and tag us @betterthanprovisions. We’d love to see your creation!