Who’s ready for a Dairy-free, Vegan, Diabetic-friendly holiday recipe that has no added sugar? Try these new Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Oat Muffins with our Better Than Granola!
- 4 cups rolled oats
- 4 cups pureed pumpkin
- 1 cup Better Than Granola
- ⅓ cup maple syrup (we used @lakanto sugar-free maple flavored syrup)
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
- 1 cup dark chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF (177ºC).
- In a large bowl, combine the oats, pureed pumpkin, maple syrup and cinnamon. Gently fold in the chocolate chips until well combined.
- Scoop the mixture into a muffin tray. Bake for 30 minutes or until cooked through.
- Let cool before serving and enjoy!
These are delicious fresh, but can be refrigerated in an airtight container for up to five days or for up to three months. For more flavor, add nutmeg dried fruit into the batter before baking. Nut butter, whipped coconut cream, vegan or nut-based cream cheese, or a dab of coconut oil all make great additional toppings!
Sugar-free Icing Ingredients:
- 1 cups powdered monkfruit sweetener (we used @lakanto)
- 1/8 cup coconut oil softened (if not dairy-free you can use butter)
- 3 tbsp coconut milk (any milk will do)
Sugar-free Icing Instructions:
- Combine all ingredients together in a bowl. Use the back of a spoon to break apart any lumps of sweetener. Stir until smooth.
- Make the icing recipe and dilute with 1-2 tablespoons of additional coconut milk. Add 1 teaspoon of coconut milk at a time until you get the consistency you want
- Store leftover in the fridge, use on various baked goods – cookies, cakes, scones, brownies, and sweet breads. The icing freezes well also, store in an airtight container for up to 6 months in the freezer.
Give them a try and let us know what you think!