As the season changes, so do our cravings. To welcome spring we’re turning our attention to lighter fare, fresh products, and new flavors.
Check out this Chocolate Almond Butter Smoothie Bowl recipe packed with natural sweetness, fiber, and healthy fats. We even snuck in a few alkalizing veggies, although you’ll never know it!
Chocolate Almond Butter Smoothie Bowl
- 1 Cup Unsweetened Almond Milk
- ¼ Cup Chocolate Protein Powder (optional)
- ¼ Cup Frozen Cauliflower
- ½ small zucchini, chopped (frozen ok)
- 1 banana, divided
- 1 tbsp. Almond Butter
- 2 tbsps. Cacao Powder
- 1 tbsp. Chia Seeds
- ¼ Cup Raspberries
- 2 Tbsp 5 Nut Granola, for topping
- Add almond milk, protein powder, cauliflower, zucchini, half the banana, almond butter, cacao powder and chia seeds into a high-speed blender and blend until smooth.
- Pour into a bowl and top with remaining banana, raspberries and granola. Serve and enjoy!
No Almond Butter - Use sunflower seed or cashew butter
No Almond Milk - Use coconut milk or hemp seed milk
More Flavor - Add cinnamon to your smoothie base
Protein Powder - This recipe was developed and tested using a plant-based protein powder
Feel free to use another protein powder or omit all together. If omitting, consider sweetening
with monk fruit extract, maple syrup, or honey
No Smoothie Bowl - Drink as a regular smoothie
Smoothie Consistency - For a creamier texture, use a frozen banana
The recipe is endlessly riffable. Give this one a try or try your hand at making your own delicious combination.