Massaged Kale Salad
- 2 bunches of kale
- ½ cup freshly grated parmesan cheese (optional)
- ⅓ cup olive oil
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon coconut aminos (or tamari)
- ½ tsp freshly ground pepper
- ¼ tsp fine sea salt
- ½ cup of 5 Nut Granola - any flavor (we like Cacao Cayenne Goji with this one)
- Strip leaves from the stems (discard stems). Wash and dry the leaves. Tear the leaves into small pieces and place in a large bowl.
- Add parmesan (if using), oil, lemon juice, garlic, soy sauce, pepper and salt. With clean hands, firmly massage and crush the greens to work in the flavoring. Stop when the volume of greens is reduced by about half. The greens should look a little darker and somewhat shiny.
- Taste and adjust seasoning with more parmesan, lemon juice, garlic, aminos and/or pepper, if desired.
- Top with granola and serve!