Apple Cinnamon Sweet Potato
- 1 sweet potato (medium)
- ½ tsp coconut oil
- ½ apple (medium, chopped)
- ¼ tsp cinnamon
- 1 tbsp almond butter
- 2 tablespoons 5 Nut Granola (any flavor)
- Preheat the oven to 400ºF (204ºC) and line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Place the sweet potato on the baking sheet and pierce a few times all over with a fork. Place in the oven to bake for 45 to 50 minutes, until cooked through.
- Meanwhile, heat a small saucepan over medium-low heat. Add the coconut oil and then the apple and cinnamon and sauté, stirring often until softened, about 5 to 8 minutes.
- Slice the sweet potato open down the middle and add the apple. Top with the almond butter and granola. Enjoy!
Leftovers can be refrigerated in an airtight container for up to three days. Sunflower seed butter, tahini, or peanut butter work well in place of almond butter. Get creative by adding coconut yogurt, coconut cream, or seeds like hemp, sunflower, or flax.
Does this recipe sound good to you? We’d love to know if you try it!